- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups shredded yellow squash
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 butter
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the dry ingredients, add the shredded squash, and toss the ingredients to coat the squash. Add the rest of the biscuit ingredients and stir the dough well. Drop the biscuits onto a greased baking sheet and bake them for 20–25 minutes until they are nicely browned. In a small saucepan, melt the butter, then add parsley, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. With a pastry brush, brush the butter mixture over the warm biscuits.
This article is part of Issue 71 of StoryQue magazine.